Breaking rules result in punishments. There are several types of punishments: 1. Warning - This is where a public announcement is made that mentions your name and that you have broken a rule. I will determine whether you knew what you were doing was wrong or whether a warning is necessary to explain it to you. If I do not give a warning, I will skip ahead to the next step in the penalty list. 2. Muting - This is where you are not able to talk on the board. You may still view it. 3. Temporary Ban - This is where you are not able to view the board for a certain period of time. 4. Permanent Ban - You can never again view the board.
The following rules list the most serious violations:
1. No Discrimination, - You may not insult members based on their religion, race, sex, political beliefs, or whether they are gay or straight. This is worse than flaming, because it also hurts other members of the board who fall into the category you insult. AnimeA is a place where everyone is equal, and discrimination will NOT be tolerated! 2. No Bullying - Do not pick on other members. The worst kind of bullying is where new members are picked on. This hurts the member as well as the board. 3. No Flaming - Flaming harms the nice atmosphere of AnimeA. It also causes thread's to go off topic, and most importantly, it hurts the person being flamed. The victim may defend themselves against any accusations made to them, but may not make any additional accusations to the flamer (which also counts as flaming).
4. No Profanity or Obscene Content - Such content does not belong on AnimeA. A censor system is in place as a backup. If you see words in your post being replaced with ****, you have done something wrong. Please edit your post and tone it down before your timer runs out. To edit a post, click the "Edit" button right below it. Cheating the censor system is against the rules. 5. Leave the Moderating to the staff - the staff have been given the job of dealing with rule breaking by the owner if you see an offence being committed notify member of staff don't threaten the offender or start arguments with him / her. All members new and old are treated equally nobody except a member of the administration team has the right to discipline another member in anyway. 6. No threatening to have another member banned - Do not use the the threat of having a member banned or use the names of any member of staff to achieve the same effect . The staff take a dim view of this and see it as an act of bullying regardless of whether it was in the heat of an argument or the result of someone breaking the rules, it only serves to cause arguments which can effect everyone else on the forum. If you have a problem report it to a member of staff
If you break one of these rules, the following penalties will apply (first time, second time, third time...):
1. Warning - Depending on how serious a violation is, you may be issued a warning first
2. Muting - Muting for 2 days
3. Temporary ban - People who cause more problems after being muted for 2 days will be banned for a week, and for a month for the next offense.
4. Permanent ban - At this point, it is obvious that will never learn your lesson, thus, a permanent ban is necessary to be rid of the problems you cause.
The following rules are also important:
1. No Advertising - You are not permitted to make money using AnimeA. You are not allowed to use the member list to obtain Instant Messenging screennames to harrass people to purchase a product from you. This rule does not apply to the Advertise your site forum we have, be sure to read our rules in our advertise your site forum before posting there. 2. No Illegal Activity - You are not allowed to break the law using AnimeA. No warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content! Not allowed: Cartoons and comics.
3. No Double Posting or Spamming - You may not post more than once in a row in the same thread. Posting lots of times in a row reduces the quality of the board, is a waste of the board's memory, and provides the culprit with ill earned post count points. Double posts will be merged into regular posts, and you will lose 10 postcount for each of the posts excluding the first one. Your post count can be changed to a negative number if necessary. The only exeption to this rule is if your edit timer (24 hours) for the post has run out, in which case you may double post if you have something important to add. Spamming is also not allowed, and is defined as a post that has no meaning. 4. No Topic Bumping - If a topic you created has no replies, you may not post again in it. If you made the thread because you need help with something, you may post again as long as you include additional information about your problem (the fact that you really really want it fixed does not count as additional information). You must post this in the same thread, and you are not allowed to create more than one thread per topic. 5. No Threatening to Leave the Board - Due to past experiences on the board, I have had to add this rule. You may not make posts threatening to leave the board. This causes flaming to occur. Because of what a problem this is, I cannot issue a warning for violations. Anyone responding poorly to these threads will also be muted.
1. Warning - Depending on how serious a violation is, you may be issued a warning first 2. Muting - Muting for 1 days 3. Muting - Muting for 2 days. 4. Temporary ban - People who cause more problems after being muted for 10 days will be banned for a month, and for 2 months for the next offense. 5. Permanent ban - At this point, it is obvious that will never learn your lesson, thus, a permanent ban is necessary to be rid of the problems you cause.
The following are a set of amendments to clarify the rules for those people who wish to nitpick:
Amendment 1 - There are no excuses for breaking the rules. It doesn't matter if you were angry at the time and weren't thinking straight. It doesn't matter if you were only kidding around. If you break a rule, it does the same damage, regardless of your reasons for breaking it, and you will be punished all the same.
Amendment 2 - Staff abuse will not be tolerated. As a staff member, your job is to help the people, not harm them. You may only use your powers for the purposes that they have been given to you for. There is no limit on how much you may be punished for this severe offense as this must be stopped at all costs to protect the people. This means that if you abuse your powers, there is a good chance you will be permanently banned.
Amendment 3 - Harrassing the administration about punishments is not allowed. The admins and moderators are only trying to do their job, and many times they have to make difficult decisions. You may post your opinion in the thread that announces the punishment, so long as you do not flame anyone. If this thread gets out of hand, it will be closed, and you may not complain elsewhere on the board, or by other means including, but not limited to: private messages, instant messaging programs, email, telephone calls, and house visits. You also may not make threats against administrators (or other members for that matter...). Punishments for harrassment range from a 1 day mute for minor harrasments to a permanent ban if serious threats are involved.
Amendment 4 - If you break more than one rule, the punishments will stack up to a maximum of 2 months, or a permanent ban if necessary. If a sentencing length is 2 days or less, it is a mute, otherwise, it can either be a temporary or permanent ban.