Mateus
    Country
    This is biganimefan's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

Total Awards: 1 - view all

Default #31

Originally Posted by the_dead_romantic View Post
    hi, im thinking of starting one set in modern times, but not sure exactly what your looking for when you ask for background info on the story itself, would "two soldiers, walking driving through a war zone in a battle scared jeep, one of them with a gewehr 43 sniper rifle, and the other with a submachine gun" be enough or will i need to build on that, and if so, in what way? also are you only supposed too write a paragraph on your characters reactions and doings because you cant write about others' reaction? and do you need a photo for you character or can you give a physical description of your character instead? and how are stats recorded?
    sorry lot of questions, if any of them have already been asked can you direct me to the answers, thank you

Ok. Here are the answers :

1. You can set a rpg, but what you wrote isn't enaugh. You need to give way more detail about everything - why they are there, what era is it, times, when did everything started and what was the reason. What can you chose from - a medic, soldier or something, description about the goal, rules and so on. You need to pm the roleplay to one of the mods of this section before you can get it started,m to get an approval, that there is enaugh information.

2. You can not write other peoples reactions to your words, because it will take theyr freedom to do anything, un less you are fighting, then yes, if it is needed, you can write that it stabbed you or something, but nothing too big or fatal (if you want the other character for some reason, better deal it between the roleplayers, that the second party would agree to it).

3. You don't need a photo, but it would be nice if you had one, better to imagine what excatly you look like or mean in description.

4. What stats you mean? abilities or something?

2. the_dead_romantic is offline the_dead_romantic's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Bahamut
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #32

Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
    Ok. Here are the answers :

1. You can set a rpg, but what you wrote isn't enaugh. You need to give way more detail about everything - why they are there, what era is it, times, when did everything started and what was the reason. What can you chose from - a medic, soldier or something, description about the goal, rules and so on. You need to pm the roleplay to one of the mods of this section before you can get it started,m to get an approval, that there is enaugh information.

2. You can not write other peoples reactions to your words, because it will take theyr freedom to do anything, un less you are fighting, then yes, if it is needed, you can write that it stabbed you or something, but nothing too big or fatal (if you want the other character for some reason, better deal it between the roleplayers, that the second party would agree to it).

3. You don't need a photo, but it would be nice if you had one, better to imagine what excatly you look like or mean in description.

4. What stats you mean? abilities or something?
    thanks, the stats i mean are things like: strength, health, agility, ect... how are they kept track of, is it a personal thing, or is it on the actual rp itself, or one of those other places on here, like in a separate thread or something

i get why you cant, write about others actions, but sometimes your doing one thing and that can be hard to write a full paragraph on, eg "[my character] snipes the enemy soldier" would be all you could really write in the sennario "a lone enemy appears 400m away, and is turning towards you, just to see if there is any danger ..." and you chose to snipe them, thats about all you could write see?, or do you go into details as to how you aimed and stuff like that, or can you say, "then more came because they saw the first enemy get killed" and that sort of thing, or is this still like one of those rp's you play in school where there is only one person allowed to say what happens next in regards npc's? sorry, lots of questions, i know

3. biganimefan is offline biganimefan's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Mateus
    Country
    This is biganimefan's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

Total Awards: 1 - view all

Default #33

Originally Posted by the_dead_romantic View Post
    thanks, the stats i mean are things like: strength, health, agility, ect... how are they kept track of, is it a personal thing, or is it on the actual rp itself, or one of those other places on here, like in a separate thread or something

i get why you cant, write about others actions, but sometimes your doing one thing and that can be hard to write a full paragraph on, eg "[my character] snipes the enemy soldier" would be all you could really write in the sennario "a lone enemy appears 400m away, and is turning towards you, just to see if there is any danger ..." and you chose to snipe them, thats about all you could write see?, or do you go into details as to how you aimed and stuff like that, or can you say, "then more came because they saw the first enemy get killed" and that sort of thing, or is this still like one of those rp's you play in school where there is only one person allowed to say what happens next in regards npc's? sorry, lots of questions, i know
    Well, if the roleplay needs those stats, they should be written on character creation, and if the character s working out, it should be posted, that he or she gained something at the start of the post. would be easier to keep track of it and edit the profiles.

you should always write not only the surroundings, but the thoughts, feelings. you can get a while paragahp just by writing where exacly the character is and some past memories or stuff...

4. the_dead_romantic is offline the_dead_romantic's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Bahamut
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #34

righto, thanks heaps, now to start writing the actual thing itself

5. RebbieChan is offline RebbieChan's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Adrammelech
    Country
    This is RebbieChan's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

Default #35

Where can I create a character? the link doesn't work anymore. And, How do I join a RP thread?

Thanks Mykka!

My Claimed Characters:

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Administrator
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #36

Join a RP?

"Last Post; 04-02-2009"

Does that not give you a hint?
    The only activeish RP thread is the Death or Glory. If you're interested, I would recommend sending Skull a PM.

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Chaos
    Country
    This is Agon's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #37

Are there any active RPs?

No. My powers can only be used for GOOD.

8. skullreken is offline skullreken's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Super Moderator
    Country
    This is skullreken's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

Default #38

If I could get people dedicated to posting I'd reopen death or glory

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Chaos
    Country
    This is Agon's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #39

Well I am up for it? Anyone else...?

No. My powers can only be used for GOOD.

10. LegendaryBoyA is offline LegendaryBoyA's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    This is LegendaryBoyA's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #40

I'm going to start a roleplay. If there are any alive RP moderators around please pm me or list out the moderators that are most active currently so I can PM them everything like I'm suppose to. If no one responds to this question within 3-4 w/ shipping and handling I will throw a guerrilla roleplay~ thanks~