Rank
    Zodiark
    Country
    This is MajorahRose's Country Flag
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #1281

Skywater
    its from the viewpoint of a coyote trying to find water in the desert >> i have to read it for class -____- eh, its alright
    ~~

2. KazemaruShuuya is offline KazemaruShuuya's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Bélias
    Country
    This is KazemaruShuuya's Country Flag
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #1282

Twillight (New Moon)
    "Sorry, but it doesn't matter if you're a woman or even a child. I don't go easy on anybody who hurts my comrades"
    -Gray Fullbuster

"All I need is the power to be able to protect my comrades. So long as I can have the strength to do that, I don't care if I'm weaker than everyone in the world."
    -Erza Scarlet

3. yummyeyepatch is offline yummyeyepatch's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Bélias
    Country
    This is yummyeyepatch's Country Flag
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #1283

Haruki Murakami's The Wind-up Bird Chronicle

I'm losing my reading streak.

4. KazemaruShuuya is offline KazemaruShuuya's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Bélias
    Country
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #1284

Chicken Soup for The Chocolate Lover's Soul :)
    "Sorry, but it doesn't matter if you're a woman or even a child. I don't go easy on anybody who hurts my comrades"
    -Gray Fullbuster

"All I need is the power to be able to protect my comrades. So long as I can have the strength to do that, I don't care if I'm weaker than everyone in the world."
    -Erza Scarlet

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Administrator
    Country
    This is Muse's Country Flag
    Credits

Default #1285

The Stone Girl by Alyssa B. Sheinmel

Got this book for reviewing and I thought I'd get to reading it. Deals with eating disorders - bulimia/anorexia among other things that seem to plague teenagers so much these days. This book has received mixed reviews, some people have raved about it, lavishly praising the portrayal of a troubled teen while others think it was a complete miss because there was a lack of research on the author's end. I guess all this made me want to find it out myself.

Sethie Weiss is hungry, a mean, angry kind of hunger that feels like a piece of glass in her belly. She’s managed to get down to 111 pounds and knows that with a little more hard work—a few more meals skipped, a few more snacks vomited away—she can force the number on the scale even lower. She will work on her body the same way she worked to get her perfect grades, to finish her college applications early, to get her first kiss from Shaw, the boy she loves, the boy who isn’t quite her boyfriend.

6. Sephranix is offline Sephranix's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    This is Sephranix's Country Flag
    Credits

Total Awards: 1 - view all

Default #1286

I finished The Kingdom of Gods, and it was a great finish to the series. Not as preachy as the previous two, just a good overall wrap-up.

I'm still reading The Mists of Avalon, and I just started His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik, the first in the Temeraire series.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination." - Marion Zimmer Bradley, 'The Fall of Atlantis'
    "You keep saying that, and it keeps NOT happening!" - Lestat de Lioncourt from 'The Vampire Lestat'

Find me on GoodReads - sephranix@gmail.com

7. KazemaruShuuya is offline KazemaruShuuya's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Bélias
    Country
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #1287

Chicken Soup for Girlfriends Soul~
    Oh man! i think I'm addicted to it!! XD
    -Gray Fullbuster

-Erza Scarlet

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Country
    This is Meilou's Country Flag
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #1288

Lol I am reading Midwinter. It's kinda cruel how humans are perceived. It seems we must test everything abnormal

9. KazemaruShuuya is offline KazemaruShuuya's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Bélias
    Country
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #1289

I got bored from reading the chicken soups so I change to a short novel from my country: "Winter in Tokyo"
    -Gray Fullbuster

-Erza Scarlet

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Administrator
    Country
    This is Muse's Country Flag
    Credits

Default #1290

Currently reading A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies and it's pretty much following the same cliched pattern of the perfect teen, who's pretty, has great grades, friends, everything going for her except she's far from perfect, is an orphan, feels alone and lost in the big bad world. The story kicks off by Skye's friends throwing her a surprise birthday party and it's spectacular because she's turned seventeen. Here she has an encounter with a mysteriously alluring guy who's obviously way more handsome than anyone else in the room. There's a big fight between the mysterious dude and the equally hunky cousin of his who shares almost the same traits as our mystery man with only this simple difference. He's fair, blonde, blue eyed. To no one's surprise, these are the newest guys in school. I see the classic formation of a love triangle here. Let's see how it goes.