Total of 9 posts

Is Kagome really Kikyou's reincarnation?

+ Post New Thread
  1. HigurashiKagome is offline HigurashiKagome's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    This is HigurashiKagome's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #1

Now before you go blaring "Yes! She is! What are you on?!" hear me out~

I have a theory-supported by several points-that may prove otherwise. Besides the obvious and simple fact they look and act nothing alike, mind.

First of all-when Kikyou is called back to the living world, Kagome's body spews out what appears to be *hundreds* of souls...rather then just one.

When Kagome's will pulls them back-Kikyou is still walking and "Kikyou" so to speak, if revengelike. If Kagome's soul had been Kikyou's, one or the other would not be walking. Instead both walk...and Kikyou's soul just can't stabilize in a clay person container-so it winds up she needs help.

When Kikyou passes away for the final time, not one soul returns to Kagome when they all break loose. Not one.

Kaede mentions a little later that Kikyou probably had made an unconscious wish on the Shikon no Tama as she burned away with it; to see Inuyasha again. And since Kagome was 'fated' to meet the hanyou 50 years later in her era the thing granted her wish by causing her soul just hitch a ride in Kagome via the tama, because the tama reappeared in Kagome.

Other small details-Kikyou called out in Kagome's mind to *not call my name*, giving the impression she was seperate from Kagome already.

Kanna's mirror was unable to hold all of Kagome's "soul" because there was obviously more than one and thus filled the mirror to the point of cracking.

The theory after all of this is: Kagome is a multi-soul 'reincarnation', she was not just one person's, but many people's. Very likely because the tama itself held many, many souls within it, and needed many souls to keep it in limbo. And Kikyou's was a forced part of that due to the tama.

SO, that's my theory...tell me, do you think Kagome is really Kikyou's reincarnation?

...What's the Point in All this Screaming? No One's Listening Anyway...

Just One Step At A Time

*~*BooYaka!*~*

2. KazemaruShuuya is offline KazemaruShuuya's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Bélias
    Country
    This is KazemaruShuuya's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #2

Well, I kinda think like you too...
    But I guess that she is her reincarnation without any doubt at all!!
    "Sorry, but it doesn't matter if you're a woman or even a child. I don't go easy on anybody who hurts my comrades"
    -Gray Fullbuster

"All I need is the power to be able to protect my comrades. So long as I can have the strength to do that, I don't care if I'm weaker than everyone in the world."
    -Erza Scarlet

3. HigurashiKagome is offline HigurashiKagome's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #3

Aa~ but what if she really isn't Kikyou's reincarnation? There's nothing really that points to any fact that she is-except for the fact that Kaede said it in the first chapter/episode-and a *few* people seem to think Kagome looks like Kikyou, which everyone with eyes can see that's not so.

Just One Step At A Time

*~*BooYaka!*~*

4. yasichan_otaku is offline yasichan_otaku's Avatar

Threads

Rep
    wibbly wobbly, timey wimey...stuff

Rank
    Zodiark
    Country
    This is yasichan_otaku's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #4

but!!! kagome is her reincarnation! if she wasnt, then how would kagome be attached to the shikon no tama? in the first few episodes/chapters mrs. centipede ripped the shikon no tama out of kagome's body. kikyou was attached to the shikon no tama, as much as kagome was. what with sensing its appearance, if its pure or not, and how they can be able to control the jewel. ovcourse, in the beginning, kagome may have broken it, but that wasnt her fault. the foot atomatically attached to the demon crow.

5. HigurashiKagome is offline HigurashiKagome's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #5

Originally Posted by mitsukoxshippoxkitsune View Post
    but!!! kagome is her reincarnation! if she wasnt, then how would kagome be attached to the shikon no tama? in the first few episodes/chapters mrs. centipede ripped the shikon no tama out of kagome's body. kikyou was attached to the shikon no tama, as much as kagome was. what with sensing its appearance, if its pure or not, and how they can be able to control the jewel. ovcourse, in the beginning, kagome may have broken it, but that wasnt her fault. the foot atomatically attached to the demon crow.

I explained that. o_o

Also- Kagome is from a well seated shrine family. She was bound to have miko blood running through her viens, and as she was born and raised right next to the Goshinboku and the tama was burned with Kikyou near it-and the well's time-slip too, that's how the Tama became linked to Kagome. It waited for a miko with some power to be born so that it could grant Kikyou's wish in its twisted way. Doesn't necessarily mean Kagome is Kikyou's reincarnation though. We're dealing with time magic, something no one really understands.

Just One Step At A Time

*~*BooYaka!*~*

6. robjones is offline robjones's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    This is robjones's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #6

lol if they say she is in the manga, then she is. lol simple as that

7. HigurashiKagome is offline HigurashiKagome's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #7

Only Kaede said she was. And it wasn't really mentioned again after Kaede claimed it...Out of 558 chapters.

Just One Step At A Time

*~*BooYaka!*~*

8. Angelchan is offline Angelchan's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Country
    This is Angelchan's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #8

I agree with it with the others.. I know there's fanfics that shows she isn't but like in Inuyasha: The Final Act Kagome was born for Inuyasha as he was to her and I seen Inuyasha: The Final Act in japanese but begin to watch it in english on Just Dubs..

9. HigurashiKagome is offline HigurashiKagome's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #9

Yes, born for Kagome. Not Kikyou.

Just One Step At A Time

*~*BooYaka!*~*