Admin class Servant

Rank
    Administrator
    Country
    This is DemonGod's Country Flag
    Credits

Total Awards: 5 - view all

Default #11

myeah with most popular servers right now it's either really crowded or there are already these friend groups present that kind of dominate the world..

the best chance for something like that would be to join a relatively new server.. or of course, startup a server of your own. (for 20 players playing at the same time it's about 30 dollars a month if you rent some server space for it)

Thanks northernian :D

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "
    - Isaac Asimov

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Shemhazai
    Country
    This is Ame's Country Flag
    Credits

Total Awards: 3 - view all

Default #12

I think we might do that and all chip into renting the server. There's like, a huge group of us out here so that might work better than what we've been doing. You are right though... I don't like the places that are too crowded, and I don't like some of the groups that have taken up territories on some of the servers. They can be quite rude, or they're so young and they just noob rage the entire time. >.> Since it's a completely customizable game, I'd prefer to play it at my own leisure.

| [ah-meh]
    アメリア
    ♥ Blood Type : B+ ♥
    ♥ Half Chinese-Filipino, Half European ♥
    League of Legends | EUW | Amaviarion

3. DemonGod is offline DemonGod's Avatar

Threads

Rep
    Admin class Servant

Rank
    Administrator
    Country
    Credits

Default #13

yeah if you just want to play with friends your own server is definitely the right decision..
    and depending on your pc specs it might be possible to run the server yourself, if you all play at roughly the same times (or if you can afford to keep your comp online 24/7) and you don't want too many extras in the form of admin control and mods/addons (or if you already know how to handle those well manually). Then the best option would be to just run the server yourself..
    otherwise, if you want certain 24/7 access, tech support and nice tools that make admin and mod/addon handling easy.. i can recommend these guys: http://servercraft.co/

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "
    - Isaac Asimov

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Shemhazai
    Country
    This is Ame's Country Flag
    Credits

Total Awards: 3 - view all

Default #14

Originally Posted by DemonGod View Post
    yeah if you just want to play with friends your own server is definitely the right decision..
    and depending on your pc specs it might be possible to run the server yourself, if you all play at roughly the same times (or if you can afford to keep your comp online 24/7) and you don't want too many extras in the form of admin control and mods/addons (or if you already know how to handle those well manually). Then the best option would be to just run the server yourself..
    otherwise, if you want certain 24/7 access, tech support and nice tools that make admin and mod/addon handling easy.. i can recommend these guys: http://servercraft.co/
    The servercraft might actually be a better option, because my charger is currently crapping out on me right now, but this PC does have the ability to handle the servers. I had one before for something else, but that's been long gone. But I do prefer the tools, because my luck with technology hasn't been going well lately... Caught that Metropolitan Police Virus a month ago, and now my charger. Safer to have the server separate, so my friends can at least still play while my tech stuff is herping out on me.

| [ah-meh]
    アメリア
    ♥ Blood Type : B+ ♥
    ♥ Half Chinese-Filipino, Half European ♥
    League of Legends | EUW | Amaviarion

5. Kida-san is offline Kida-san's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Chaos
    Country
    This is Kida-san's Country Flag
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #15

i love minecraft! even though the graphics are...well you know what they are like ....the things you could do in minecraft are amazing! and no matter how ridiculous it might sound i can't play it because it lags on my pc....awesome

6. gunstsings is offline gunstsings's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Adrammelech
    Country
    This is gunstsings's Country Flag
    Credits

Total Awards: 4 - view all

Default #16

Originally Posted by Kida-san View Post
    i love minecraft! even though the graphics are...well you know what they are like ....the things you could do in minecraft are amazing! and no matter how ridiculous it might sound i can't play it because it lags on my pc....awesome
    minecraft is a game that takes a lot of your resources, on my old pc with the lowest graphics it would lag
    i dont know with are the specs for this game, i mean i had my old pc a single core celeron with integrated graphic card and 2 giga of ram, it would lag sometime, my new pc runs it liek crazy, is a i3 dedicated nvidia card with a lot of ram
    but the funny thing is, for a week, i had a laptop, it was a hp, i7 and 6 giga of ram, still integrated video, a workstation, and the damn game was lagging, in the end i havent played at all that week
    this game is like picking on with specs to run quite randomly

about the game, i dont play it as much as i did before, i have a problem with the servers, i cant find a nice, quit one

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    This is Mayaki's Country Flag
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #17

Guns', it depends, if you lag when you're on a server then it might be because of the server ^^'

As for me, it's been a few months since I started playing minecraft and I really liked the fact that it allows you to be creative in several ways, not only you have to make the construction you have in mind look good in a cubic world but also you have to search for the things that would go well with the "theme" of your construction (hope you get the idea); in the other hand, there's also the possibility of RP on some servers like DemonGod said, and it's just HUGE what people can do on minecraft when playing online D:

http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/16/56/31/33/52418710.jpg
    http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/16/56/31/33/57659210.jpg
    http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/16/56/31/33/58262010.jpg

that was the participation of my serv on a contest of building, 24 hours, 25 participants x) and the theme was Cleopatra's palace o.o

=> 'see why I love this game ? it's just amazing what can be done with "cubes" >< and when playing it with other people it's a lot of fun =)

"Love has no awareness of merit or demerit; it has no scale... Love loves; this is its nature."

"Do as you would be done by."

8. DemonGod is offline DemonGod's Avatar

Threads

Rep
    Admin class Servant

Rank
    Administrator
    Country
    Credits

Default #18

@gunst @mayaki no it might just be his computer, minecraft has a huge memory leak and takes quite a bit of graphical power to play (even though it looks so simple)

@mayaki looks awesome :D and that's voxel based building for ya, scale it up big enough and those little cubes come together to form great structures

- Isaac Asimov