Rank
    Shemhazai
    Country
    This is Ame's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

Total Awards: 3 - view all

Default #21

Well I can only imagine that since the original show garnered so much attention and earned so much money, that this spinoff season will be pretty good. Even though the animation style is still the same, the quality is amazing, and I love how modern it is! I also can't get over how powerful Korra is already, lol. When she came out as a kid using all three elements, I laughed so hard. I'm going to love watching her character develope! :)

| [ah-meh]
    アメリア
    ♥ Blood Type : B+ ♥
    ♥ Half Chinese-Filipino, Half European ♥
    League of Legends | EUW | Amaviarion

2. WhiteTigerForever is offline WhiteTigerForever's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    This is WhiteTigerForever's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #22

Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    Well I can only imagine that since the original show garnered so much attention and earned so much money, that this spinoff season will be pretty good. Even though the animation style is still the same, the quality is amazing, and I love how modern it is! I also can't get over how powerful Korra is already, lol. When she came out as a kid using all three elements, I laughed so hard. I'm going to love watching her character develope! :)

Indeed! We saw Ang come into the show already an air bending master, including all the forms, techniques, and culture/mind set. Ang is basically a Mahayanan Buddhist monk, as all the Air bending tribe was. (little secret there in case anyone is interested). We saw the full mental and physical development of the other 3 elements but it will be great to watch her develop spiritually, as she masters air bending.

and noooooooo.... non of those shows reminders, lmao. Painful financial memories from those days from my purse and more... lol.. (re the comp. between the probending tournaments and pokemon.)

Is any one here an official member of Kora Nation and earning points/posting links etc? I am with my little points, lol. If you are, you get an exclusive on how they came up with the probending set up and rules etc in Korea. :D and even live built models of them...

No matter what you do, how hard you work, or how much of yourself you give, life offers no rewards... "Nature is not human hearted." by Lao Tzu
    Lightening Empress who loves Bishounen...<3

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Shemhazai
    Country
    Threads
    Credits

Default #23

Originally Posted by WhiteTigerForever View Post
    Indeed! We saw Ang come into the show already an air bending master, including all the forms, techniques, and culture/mind set. Ang is basically a Mahayanan Buddhist monk, as all the Air bending tribe was. (little secret there in case anyone is interested). We saw the full mental and physical development of the other 3 elements but it will be great to watch her develop spiritually, as she masters air bending.

and noooooooo.... non of those shows reminders, lmao. Painful financial memories from those days from my purse and more... lol.. (re the comp. between the probending tournaments and pokemon.)

Is any one here an official member of Kora Nation and earning points/posting links etc? I am with my little points, lol. If you are, you get an exclusive on how they came up with the probending set up and rules etc in Korea. :D and even live built models of them...
    Oh my GOD that is cool! How come everything cool is in another country?! I swear... I need to travel more, LOL.

I'm looking forward to her Spiritual journey as well. Aang was so far advanced in the Spiritual journey that he has to take, so it was interesting to see how he had to break away from the Spirituality a bit, to see the reality... and then combine the two to create peace. Korra seems like the character that's going to be more of almost like, a reminder to everyone that the mystery and wonder of the Avatar is still very real, no matter how advanced reality gets. It's funny how the two situations somewhat resort to the Yin and Yang effect... you need both for peace. :)

| [ah-meh]
    アメリア

4. WhiteTigerForever is offline WhiteTigerForever's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #24

Oh my GOD that is cool! How come everything cool is in another country?! I swear... I need to travel more, LOL.

I'm looking forward to her Spiritual journey as well. Aang was so far advanced in the Spiritual journey that he has to take, so it was interesting to see how he had to break away from the Spirituality a bit, to see the reality... and then combine the two to create peace. Korra seems like the character that's going to be more of almost like, a reminder to everyone that the mystery and wonder of the Avatar is still very real, no matter how advanced reality gets. It's funny how the two situations somewhat resort to the Yin and Yang effect... you need both for peace. :)
    ...says the person from breathtaking England. I've been there you know, and up high, to the north to see the lochs and castles to down south to crawl on the rocks of Stonehenge (though I don't think they allow that anymore) to the Royal Palace and the Tattoo. Your country is beautiful. Your just used to it... lol.

...says the lady who replies to such a great post and is into Buddhism and Taoism. :D

Indeed!

No matter what you do, how hard you work, or how much of yourself you give, life offers no rewards... "Nature is not human hearted." by Lao Tzu

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Shemhazai
    Country
    Threads
    Credits

Default #25

Originally Posted by WhiteTigerForever View Post
    ...says the person from breathtaking England. I've been there you know, and up high, to the north to see the lochs and castles to down south to crawl on the rocks of Stonehenge (though I don't think they allow that anymore) to the Royal Palace and the Tattoo. Your country is beautiful. Your just used to it... lol.

...says the lady who replies to such a great post and is into Buddhism and Taoism. :D

Indeed!
    LOL I've only been living here for 10 months! I've seen quite a lot, and I'm impressed with this place, (my favourite place in the world), BUT. I just like the fact that Asia is basically on everything cool, way earlier than everyone else. (Originally moved from Asia to the US, and then to the UK). :D

But I'm hoping that they make some really nice action figures from this series. I've managed to pick up a couple from my days watching the first series, BUT they're not good. I wonder if they'd have them on Amazon! I really want to collect some nice figurings from this series... Korra is a must on my list. And I'm sure that hot guy (forgot his name) will be one as well. AND HER POLARBEAR DOG! Wth... they have like the best animal thingies.

Btw... does anyone else know how Tenzen got his bison from? Wasn't Appa the last one? Unless they're asexual, I have absolutely no clue how Appa or Momo reproduced. D:

| [ah-meh]
    アメリア

6. WhiteTigerForever is offline WhiteTigerForever's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #26

LOL I've only been living here for 10 months! I've seen quite a lot, and I'm impressed with this place, (my favourite place in the world), BUT. I just like the fact that Asia is basically on everything cool, way earlier than everyone else. (Originally moved from Asia to the US, and then to the UK). :D

But I'm hoping that they make some really nice action figures from this series. I've managed to pick up a couple from my days watching the first series, BUT they're not good. I wonder if they'd have them on Amazon! I really want to collect some nice figurings from this series... Korra is a must on my list. And I'm sure that hot guy (forgot his name) will be one as well. AND HER POLARBEAR DOG! Wth... they have like the best animal thingies.

Btw... does anyone else know how Tenzen got his bison from? Wasn't Appa the last one? Unless they're asexual, I have absolutely no clue how Appa or Momo reproduced. D:
    aaaaaaahhhhhh your job requires this much travel or ur a Military brat..XD!

I never liked most common collectables, unless they were the outrageously expensive ones from Japan. The Americal collectables for Avatar really left me wanting and that the made the meaning and impact of Ang and the Last Airbender on the cheap side...:( I hope they do come up with better collectables.

Yea.... they left that wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddeeeeeeee open considering the new air bison... seriously. It could be as you say or a group of wild ones they found in their adult years, etc... can't wait to find out, watch and see so much... *insert fan girl scream here*

7. WhiteTigerForever is offline WhiteTigerForever's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #27

Sorry for the double post.. :( buuuut...

Just saw the 3rd ep.. and it was okay but the last 10 minutes were the best.

8. RebbieChan is offline RebbieChan's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Adrammelech
    Country
    This is RebbieChan's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

Default #28

Just watched ep.4

I thought it was pretty good...though who is this girl getting in the way of Makkorra?! XD

LOL.

Anyway, one thing I really noticed that I like about this series, is that there's a politics to what's going on and Korra has to deal with that a lot more than Aang did. I find it pretty interesting.

Thanks Mykka!

My Claimed Characters:

9. WhiteTigerForever is offline WhiteTigerForever's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #29

Originally Posted by RebbieChan View Post
    Just watched ep.4

I thought it was pretty good...though who is this girl getting in the way of Makkorra?! XD

LOL.

Anyway, one thing I really noticed that I like about this series, is that there's a politics to what's going on and Korra has to deal with that a lot more than Aang did. I find it pretty interesting.
    Yep, same here and the politics comment is a really good point! I didn't notice that.

10. RebbieChan is offline RebbieChan's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Adrammelech
    Country
    This is RebbieChan's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

Default #30

Ugh I know! Like I just wish all of the episodes were out now so I could just watch it all! XD
    Like every episode they tease us with more stuff like that flashback and it's like I just want to know!!!
    Yeah I like the little airbending kids too, they are adorable!

I agree that she should be a better fighter, but maybe it's beause while she was training all her life, she never had to actually face an enemy before. and as that last episode showed, she is really nervous and scared of it all, maybe it's shaking her up and making her lose focus?

Thanks Mykka!

My Claimed Characters: