Rank
    Shemhazai
    Country
    This is Ame's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

Total Awards: 3 - view all

Default #1

Hey guys! What are your favourite Studio Ghibli films? Post your favourites, and don't be afraid to add some pics or clips (in spoilers)! :) Also tell us why you love them, favourite characters, etc. :D

My favourites are hard to choose without picking the entire collection! XD Ironically enough, I really prefer the Ghibli films dubbed (which is something I never prefer), because they actually choose great voice actors.

All-time fave, Princess Mononoke. :) The touch on Spirituality was very symbolic of the way the world is today. I love San, and Ashitaka is such a Prince. My favourite part of this whole series is the soundtrack...

I loved Howl's Moving Castle, because it was such a warm-hearted film (like all the others, haha). But I loved the budding, innocent romance between the two, and it just seemed like such an old-fashioned series. It is a steampunk as well, which helped in it's favour with me. :D

I loved and hated Grave of the Fireflies. I am an older sibling, and I am very attached to my younger siblings. It bothers me in the worst way to see situations like that, because my siblings are my life. I had trouble sleeping after watching that film, and I spent a lot of time with my siblings after that. I actually ended up buying the collector's edition tinned fruit candies for my brother and sister from the film.

My Neighbour Totoro was also a big favourite of mine, because when I was a child, I wished I could have had a Totoro! :)

What are your guys' favourites?
    Last edited by Ame; 04-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.

| [ah-meh]
    アメリア
    ♥ Blood Type : B+ ♥
    ♥ Half Chinese-Filipino, Half European ♥
    League of Legends | EUW | Amaviarion

2. WhiteTigerForever is offline WhiteTigerForever's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    This is WhiteTigerForever's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #2

Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    Hey guys! What are your favourite Studio Ghibli films? Post your favourites, and don't be afraid to add some pics or clips (in spoilers)! :) Also tell us why you love them, favourite characters, etc. :D

My favourites are hard to choose without picking the entire collection! XD Ironically enough, I really prefer the Ghibli films dubbed (which is something I never prefer), because they actually choose great voice actors.

All-time fave, Princess Mononoke. :) The touch on Spirituality was very symbolic of the way the world is today. I love San, and Ashitaka is such a Prince. My favourite part of this whole series is the soundtrack...

I loved Howl's Moving Castle, because it was such a warm-hearted film (like all the others, haha). But I loved the budding, innocent romance between the two, and it just seemed like such an old-fashioned series. It is a steampunk as well, which helped in it's favour with me. :D

I loved and hated Grave of the Fireflies. I am an older sibling, and I am very attached to my younger siblings. It bothers me in the worst way to see situations like that, because my siblings are my life. I had trouble sleeping after watching that film, and I spent a lot of time with my siblings after that. I actually ended up buying the collector's edition tinned fruit candies for my brother and sister from the film.

My Neighbour Totoro was also a big favourite of mine, because when I was a child, I wished I could have had a Totoro! :)

What are your guys' favourites?
    Nods... in agreement with all and in that order too! But.. omg I was depressed for like a week after watching Grave of the Fireflies.... this and Rurouni Kenshin's screwed up bad, completely off base movie Reflections totally scarred me for life! XD!

No matter what you do, how hard you work, or how much of yourself you give, life offers no rewards... "Nature is not human hearted." by Lao Tzu
    Lightening Empress who loves Bishounen...<3

3. lalaladylegit is offline lalaladylegit's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Chaos
    Country
    This is lalaladylegit's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

Total Awards: 2 - view all

Default #3

My all time favorite would have to be Spirited Away, which was not only my first anime movie it was my first Studio Ghibli film. Also I used to wish I could be in her situation. I used to think I'd rather have my parents eat as bacon. But I've come to cherish what I have, family, friendships, etc. And I think the Chihiro, Kohaku love duo rules :P

You know how I feel about having to let you go..so let's just spend this last night together...just like this.
    <3<3<3

4. WhiteTigerForever is offline WhiteTigerForever's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Exodus
    Country
    This is WhiteTigerForever's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #4

Haku/Kohaku was/is just plain hot, lol... :D

No matter what you do, how hard you work, or how much of yourself you give, life offers no rewards... "Nature is not human hearted." by Lao Tzu
    Lightening Empress who loves Bishounen...<3

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Chaos
    Country
    This is Jango64's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #5

I would say either Laputa Castle in the Sky or Spirited Away is my favorite. Totoro is also a good one.

6. alex1_phang3 is offline alex1_phang3's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Hashmal
    Country
    This is alex1_phang3's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #6

Kohaku River lol

Anyways, I like Castle in the Sky and Valley of the Wind.

However as the standard length of a film reduces, I can they're trying to hasten the pace of their movie. Take "The Cat Returns" for example, and compare it to "Castle in the Sky" vs. "Howl's Moving Castle".

7. MajorahRose is offline MajorahRose's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Zodiark
    Country
    This is MajorahRose's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #7

Totoro was my absolute favorite ^___^ it's what brought me to watch the other ones. It's just a really cute story
    howls moving castle is my second favorite
    ~~

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Adrammelech
    Country
    This is Ruby's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

Total Awards: 2 - view all

Default #8

eemm... i would say my always favirote is my first movie that i ever saw, Spirited Away
    no matter how many times i watch it i never get bored of it also all my family loves it, for me its Ghilbi's master piece
    ofc i've watched other movies as well and they were great such as, princess mononoke, catsle in the sky, howls moving castle.. ect :D
    i hope keep up the great movies XD

Anime Claimed Character

Manga Claimed Character

9. yummyeyepatch is offline yummyeyepatch's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Bélias
    Country
    This is yummyeyepatch's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

No awards to display yet

Default #9

10. RebbieChan is offline RebbieChan's Avatar

Threads

Rep

Rank
    Adrammelech
    Country
    This is RebbieChan's Country Flag
    Threads
    Credits

Default #10

My favorite is Princess Monoke. I just watch in awe every time I see it. I like the mix of fantasy and reality that always comes with his films, but in this one I thought it was most fitting. I loved all of the spirits and I liked the kinda-sorta romance between the two.

Thanks Mykka!

My Claimed Characters: